Wednesday 14 September 2011

Where did that Badger come from?

A while back on my ukgardenwildlife cams I spotted for the first time a badger. As far as I knew there were no badger setts in the immediate area.




So I fired up google earth and looked for any potential areas within a mile radius of my house. The closest was a very thin strip of woodland about half a mile away between a main road and a field.

I found a few large burrows but nothing that looked very active. I did find what looked like a one badger print and further on what maybe a badger latrine.
There were a number of scrapes a couple of which were filled with scat.











As I followed the trails I came across other prints including fox and roe deer prints.



On the way back I came across these set of three very small prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment